Monday, January 27, 2014

Ilocos Tour - Vigan

January 24, 2014 Friday


Last January 23, I'm bound to go to Ilocos for another Adventure, adventure of a kind since I will be running from Vigan to Pagudpud on January 25-26. Therefore I have to go to Ilocos early than that. I reserve my ticket for Ilocos a week ago and get a January 23, 10pm ticket bound for Vigan. I arrive at Vigan around 5:30am January 24. I don't have any accommodation yet therefore I search for some hotel or any room so that i could rest. I saw a hotel that is very expensive, around 1500 per night, since I am in a low budget, I look for another hotel that is affordable and convenient. While talking in the Capitol, a man doing exercise (jogging) saw me and ask me if I am looking for a room or hotel. He told me that he know a affordable transient room that is near the area and he could take me there. without hesitation I told him "Sige po kuya, malapit lang po ba yun dito?". Then he said, "Oo, malapit lang". Then I get his tricycle that is parked near the area. 

Heritage City of Vigan Map
The house is along Liberation  Blvd. near the town. It was a transient house and it only cost 200 per day. It was a lucky day for me since I was the only person that was in the house that day (solo ko yung kwarto). The room is good for 3 person, but since it was off peak, I was the only person in the room. I rest for a bit, sleep for around 3 hours due to the long travel form Manila to Ilocos.

When I woke up around 8am, I decided to go out and check the city and do some street photography. I make my own city tour in Vigan, I go to Crisologo St. where I took my breakfast (longsilog - Longganisa/ Sinangag / Itlog). Crisologo st. is known for the different pasalubong stores with a vintage style of the area.

Crisologo St.
As I made a short Vigan Tour, I notice that Vigan is celebrating its fiesta. The Longganisa Festival. They have different activities to celebrate its festival. They have longest longganisa, biggest longganisa burger , etc. but I was late, they started the festival almost a week ago and will end this January 23.

Vigan Longganisa Festival


Vigan Cathedral/ Vigan plaza/ Simbahan na Bassit

After a short Vigan tour, I decided to buy some drinks and food in preparation for my run tomorrow. I go to Vigan Puregold to buy some food, there i saw other runners buying stuff for the run for tomorrow too. Puregold Vigan is near the Vigan Public Market.


After a quick shopping at Puregold, I decided to go back to the house to rest. I kindly sleepy after some walking around the city. I take a nap until 3pm and decided to return to the city again. I take a break at the empanadahan near the Padre Burgos Plaza. 


After a short tour, I decided to take a mass at the Cathedral which starts at 5:30pm. After the mass, I show the fountain show at the plaza which is just in front of the cathedral.


Fountain Show

After the show, I decided to eat my dinner at Mang Inasal. After eating my dinner I took a rest for the adventure of a lifetime for tomorrows run.







No comments:

Post a Comment